At D’Youville Online, we’re proud to help you make the most of your previous college experiences.
Transfer credit may be applied to both undergraduate and graduate work. Our registrar’s office determines whether credits previously earned at other institutions may be transferred to fulfill degree requirements.
- Transfer credit may be awarded for each theory-based college course in which the student has earned a grade of C or better from a regionally-accredited institution.
- Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at D’Youville and meet all major/program and core curriculum requirements in order to graduate.
- Find out how many college credits may transfer to D’Youville by using our online course equivalency database.
Restrictions on Transfer Credit
- Students may transfer up to half of the credits required for a major course or program of study.
- Students may transfer all of the credits required to meet the college’s core curriculum requirements.
Certain majors or programs may require higher grades and specific timelines to transfer in specific areas. Therefore, departments and schools at D’Youville reserve the right to refuse transfer credits in fulfillment of major requirements.
Transfer credits from courses completed at institutions with other than regional accreditation are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Current Students and Alumni
Grades for transfer credits do not appear on the D’Youville transcript and are not included in the student’s GPA.
Graduate students may transfer up to nine credit hours. These credit hours must have been completed within the past five years. Contact an enrollment counselor for more information.